Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Our first visitor!

So my best friend came to visit a couple of weeks ago. Yeah I'm a little behind on the blogging! :) We always have a great time together and share a love for travel. We've known each other for 11 years now and have been to New Orleans, DC, NYC, Germany, Amsterdam and Brussels together. Although we went to separate colleges, all of these trips were during college. Since graduating and "real life" getting in the way we haven't been able to dedicate as much time to our love of travel together. We were roommates for a year before J and I got married so we did get to live a little on the wild side then.

She was only here for 3 nights, but we got a lot done in a short amount of time. It was fun playing tourist in my own city. We visited the following places:

Philadelphia Museum of Art
Eastern State Penitentary
City Food Tour
Love Park
Rittenhouse Square
Bleu Martini for drinks and dancing

J let us have our girl time and didn't join us on the city seeing, but he came out to dinner with us each night. We ate a brewery in Old City called Triump. I didn't find a beer that I like (I'm not a huge beer fan), but I had a great martini.

Below are just some random pictures from the time that she was here. I'm going to have a couple of separate posts about the specifics of a few of the places we visited. Until then, here's a sneak preview.

Art Museum

Eastern State Penitentary

Rittenhouse Square

City Hall

????
:)
Rittenhouse Square tango dancing

Love Park

No comments:

Post a Comment