Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Southbeach Vacation


Like the rest of the mid-atlantic we're getting pounded by snow storm/blizzard #2 within 4 days. So I thought I'd reminisce about warm weather again. I surprised J with a mini vacation to Southbeach because he loves the beach. Since we are so busy these days I thought it would be a perfect get away to help us relax for a few days. We were able to get a great deal on a non stop flight to Miami and we used some Marriott points and a free night to stay at the Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront. It was a great location and nice hotel right on the water.

We went over Martin Luther King Jr. holiday weekend. J and I were both able to leave school and work a little bit early to catch a 4 pm flight on Friday to Miami. When searching for airefare I was happy to learn that there are a lot of non stop flights to Miami from Philly, so our flight was nice and quick. The plane was completely packed and we took off a few minutes late, but we made it to Miami in time to go out and enjoy a late dinner.

We spent the next day on the beach and enjoying the warm weather. Unfortunately I had to study because I had a test the day after we got back, but it was much more relaxing to study on the beach than stuck inside at the library. That night we decided to order food to the room and then found a place to get drinks and go dancing. We were very impressed with ourselves because we stayed out until 4 am and had a great night!

The next 1.5 days, it was more of the same. Relaxing by the beach, eating, drinking and walking around Southbeach. We returned home on Monday afternoon to get ready for work and school again. It was a quick trip, but definitely worth it. Life is too short to not take advantage of these oppurtunities!





















We ate so much delicious food while we were in Miami, so I'll blog about that next. I definitely want to go back to experience some more of their great restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment