Friday, July 3, 2009

In West Philadelphia born and raised, On a playground where I spent most of my days...

Well we don't exactly live in West Philadelphia, but who doesn't love Fresh Prince? So we made it to our apartment in the city. I was brave enough to drive the 24 foot Uhaul from Richmond to Philadelphia, while J drove our car. It was definitely an adventure. The Uhaul and our belongings arrived in 1 piece.

We woke up at 5 am in Richmond and left an hour or so later. We made a stop at Ikea in Philly to pick up a kitchen table, chairs, bookshelf, desk and filing cabinet. After several incidents of stop and go traffic on 95 North, we made it to the apartment around 2 to begin unloading the truck.

My parents met us to help, along with my 93 year old grandmother, who was there for moral support. Although the weather didn't exactly cooperate and it rained on and off, unloading wasn't too bad.


We cleaned ourselves up and met my parents for dinner at Devon Seafood Grill. Our first dinner in Philly was definitely memorable - the food was delicious.

We started the meal off with Point Judith Calamari. My parents love to try the calamari at any new restaurants. The calamari was unique as it included bits of fried jalapenos and carrots. As none of us had eaten for most of the day we finished the calamari so quickly I didn't even have a chance to take a picture.

I ordered the Maryland Jumbo Lump Crabcakes. It came with a creole remoulade mango tarter sauce, whipped potatoes and fresh asparagus. I lived in Maryland for several years and I would say these crabcakes were up to par.

My Dad and J both ordered the Seafood Mixed Grill. It came with shrimp, scallops, a jumbo lump crab cake, salmon, whipped potatoes and sauteed spinach. I would say the scallops were my favorite off of this dish.

My mom ordered the Lobster Cobb Salad. It included field greens, lobster meat, avocado, red onion, corn, hard boiled egg and applewood bacon.


So this officially commences our Philadelphia adventures....

No comments:

Post a Comment