Saturday, July 18, 2009

Road Trip...Part One!


As I left off on the last post, J and I took a road trip to South Carolina and Georgia. We got on the road at 12:30 am right after the fireworks and drove straight through to Hilton Head Island, SC. I stocked up on Mountain Dew and J stocked up on energy shots. I took the first leg and then J took over. I finished up the 11 hour drive and we made it to the Westin Resort around 12 pm.


We spent 3 nights at the resort and did a lot of relaxing, which included eating, laying on the beach and sitting by the pool. Although I usually enjoy the more action filled vacations, it was perfect. J could sit on a beach for days upon days, so he definitely enjoyed Hilton Head.





When we arrived they had an all you can eat barbecue set up with chicken, shrimp, burgers, veggies, chips and dessert.
The view from our beach towel

One lunch we decided to get full on junk food and drinks. This included chips and dip, onion rings and margaritas.



We enjoyed watching the birds dive into the ocean to catch fish.

J and I had a shell collecting contest. I have a sharp eye and collected all of them, except for 1.



Recently I've been teaching J to play soccer. He's been really into it and decided to bring the soccer ball to the beach.


After dinner on 2 nights we decided to walk on the beach at night. It was high tide and very peaceful.



On the flip side, J has been teaching me how to play tennis. There was a racquet club near the resort, so we rented a court for an hour and played.







On the 4th day we re-packed the car and headed 45 minutes south to Savannah, Georgia....

No comments:

Post a Comment