Sunday, October 18, 2009

Finale of wedding season


I survived my first maid of honor experience! :) It actually wasn't bad at all as my best friend is far from a bridezilla and everything went very well. J and I headed to Charlottesville, VA to celebrate Rachel's marriage. I think I was actually more nervous for her wedding than I was for my own. She was cool as a cucumber, which is how I was on my wedding day. I officially feel old now as we're both married and "settled." When we met 11 years ago getting married seemed like something only old, boring people do, but I guess now we're both one of those old boring people.

The wedding and reception were simple and classy. The wedding was held at a traditional church right outside of Charlottesville. The reception was held at L'etoile restaurant. I had delicious goat cheese gnocchi with squash, onions, mushrooms and red peppers. I didn't get to take as many pictures as I would have liked since I was busy throughout the day. Thankfully J got some good shots for me.


Details of the bride's dress.


My beautiful bouquet of roses.


I survived giving my toast and then I drank lots of wine for the rest of the evening :)


There was a small hiccup with the cake. It wasn't at the restaurant, as expected, when we arrived. After a few frantic phone calls, the problem was solved and the cake showed up just in time for the cake cutting. Dessert is my favorite meal of the day and the cake was really good.

Yep, we went out in our dresses and everything after the wedding. The wedding and reception were over by 5 pm so we all relaxed for a few and headed to a local bar. It was UVA's homecoming so there were plenty of people out to have fun with.




The newlyweds headed to Spain for their honeymoon. Wishing them all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment