Friday, October 29, 2010

Pub and Kitchen

Pub and Kitchen is a very interesting restaurant. I've walked by it a few times and you can tell it's a restaurant because there are tables outside and often the windows are wide open so you can see the bar inside, but there is no sign with a name or information about the restaurant.

J ran a 10 mile race that day and I had just returned from NYC and we were both very hungry. We both just wanted to sit outside and enjoy the weather and some comfort food. We decided to just walk around the city and stumpled upon Pub and Kitchen.

Their menu is simple, but includes items like potted duck mouse, welsh rarebit and mussels. They also pride themselves on having local and organic ingredients whenever possible, which I always like to see.

Pub and Kitchen is located at 20th and Lombard Street. It's in a somewhat residential area of the city, but only a few blocks from Rittenhouse Square and all the shopping action on Walnut and Chestnut Streets. It's definitely not off the beaten path and worth a visit. They seem to be pretty busy when I walk by and have an extensive bar.

So we just had a simple lunch while sitting outside.


 J ordered a simple hamburger with house cured bacon. The bun was nicely toasted and he said the meat was cooked to perfection. I did enjoy the french fries, which were nice, warm and crisp.


 I ordered the roasted chicken with fingerling potatoes,  sauteed broccolini and chicken jus. I'm not a huge fan of chicken or meat in general. I can go weeks without eating chicken. However, this was probably some of the best chicken I've ever had. The chicken was so moist and the jus was absolutely perfect. I've never wanted more chicken in my life. I was happy to actually have some to take home, but it didn't even last until the next day as I ate it a couple of hours later.





The only type of signage on the outside of the restaurant. I have yet to find the history of why there is no sign or where the name came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment